- The Changing Portrayal of Adolescents in the Media Since 1950 by Patrick E. Jamieson
- The Sexualization of Childhood by Sharna Olfman
- Building Self-Esteem in Children by Patricia H. Berne and Louis Savary
- Women & Media by Carolyn M. Byerly and Karen Ross
- Women, Feminism, and Media by Sue Thornham
- Representing the Family by Deborah Chambers
"Three constellations of familial meaning can be identified in popular media and public discourses that have important implications for factors of race, ethnicity, and neutralized as 'normal', but it its arbitrary and shifting cultural determinant. Ideal, dysfunctional, and hybridized family are the three categories". - Chambers.
These are a couple things that I have been reading that have stuck my interest, more to come...